Monday 21 January 2019

Introduction

There is nothing special about me or about my life.

 If you have happen to have read a book about someone else's life you have probably enjoyed it. However, writing about yourself can be challenging. So here I am, having my cup of tea sitting and wondering what to write.



Here are some essentials: The book on my bedside is "Winnie The Pooh" by A.A.Milne.  As I was reading it to my eight year old son I remembered how adorable and charming it is. I'm not going to bother you with some boring details, such as my favorite dish (vareniki with lots of fried onion), or my favorite rock band (Led Zeppelin), and how I spend hours in my tiny kitchen making lemon meringue or baking the most scrumptious flapjacks ever!

Yes, I'm a foodie and an obsessive bread baker: thyme, poppy seeds, sage, or dried tomatoes, you name it - I've got it!! We have one car, no TV and one lemon tree that bears beautiful yellowish fruit. Obviously I have made some preserved lemons, fresh lemonade, some lemon jam and of course lemon pie.

Technology and I don't get along too well and I really cannot understand the way people admire it. So I just ignore it and pretend it's not there. I can always go back to my kitchen. Flour has never failed me and apple crumble keeps everyone happy. I love to hunt secondhand jams in flea markets, oh Portobello Road Market... Give me some vintage tableware, embroidery and souvenirs, these are some of my favorite things.

Well this is my first little post, Yasmin.

3 comments:

  1. Yasmin, I imagine that everyone in your home is very lucky to have an avid baker in the kitchen. From your description, I can almost smell the fresh bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yasmin,
    I never bake nor feel the need to but your description could change that, if anything could ever.
    Seems you live somewhere in the countryside ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are special because you are what you are. Everything is special and exciting about you - your bedtime book, your yummy vareniki whith fried onion, your passion for bread baking and vintage tableware. By the way, me too - I love Led Zeppelin.

    ReplyDelete